Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back from lunch

I just filled up the belly at a diner down the street. I was sure to stay away from turkey meat and other triptifan(sp?!) containing meats, because I want to be sure to keep my mind sharp all day while I'm wrapped up in this contest. After the deadline there'll be plenty of time for sleep inducing drugs and minerals during the middle of a workday, but not right now!
Hey, speaking of food, I went to a bar (it calls itself a club, but it is essentially a crappy bar) where they have a house-special hot-dog called the Homewrecker. I was curious and still am but I was not curious enough to order a six-dollar hot-dog on a full stomach. Hopefully someday I'll figure out what the Homewrecker is all about. For now, I'm left to wonder: why are so many things that seem like they'd be perfect for encasing in plastic so high in moisture content (and thus not at all perfect for encasing in plastic)? Is it just that the unattainable is always attractive? That the grass is always greener?
I am feeling more and more like this encasing something in plastic contest has broken me out of a plastic case of unawareness about the world around me. Though, with each thing I see unencased in plastic to my eye, I have a thousand questions whose answers seem to be encased in something far more opaque than acrylic plastic.

Take care,

David

No comments: