Thursday, January 3, 2008

Darts

Last night I played some darts with Ross McSweeney, and I got to thinking. An Encase-Something-in-Plastic contest is kind of similar to a game of darts. I mean, both take skill, and both are competitive, and I am at least kind of a beginner at both, and, well, you have to just get by on what you have and do the best you can and hope that you're good enough to beat the other guy!
But despite all the similarities, there is one key difference: in the plastic contest we only have one shot to win, whereas a darts contest can take hundreds of throws. So really, the plastic contest is more like a game of dart.
This is obviously interesting but I probably won't encase a dart in plastic for the contest, because I think a lot of people wouldn't get a lot of the subtle connections.

Bullseye!,

David

No comments: