Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Dim Sum Lunch

This has been on my mind a while- back between my entries titled "Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself" and "Coffee," I went to lunch with Jimm Lasser. We went into China-Town and got some Dim Sum. (Yum!) Anyways, for someone with a plastic-encasing contest on their mind, a Dim Sum will make your head spin (not in the break-dancing head-spin kind of way!) There are plates everywhere of strange things made of meat and dough, and you can't help thinking "that would look awesome encased in plastic, very likely it would look even awesomer than whatever Mike is planning on encasing in plastic." Exciting as hell! But then you remember how the guy at the plastic store said it's difficult to encase dead things in plastic. And the way he said it, it made me think that anything with very much moisture in it would also be difficult to encase in plastic. Unfortunately, almost all the crazy-looking shit at Dim Sum has a lot of water in it. And you might remember earlier that I had resolved not to take on something too difficult for my first attempt at encasing something in plastic, because it is my first attempt and there is a contest on the line!
But I have to wonder: did the guy at the plastic store just advise me that way because he assumed that I didn't want whatever I encased in plastic to eventually rot and whither in there? What if I was o.k. with it eventually rotting and whithering? Maybe then it would be o.k. to encase something with moisture content? Or would that just be gross and dumb?
I have more questions than answers at this point, that is for sure. Man.

adios,

David

No comments: