Friday, January 4, 2008

Lunch

I had a real nice lunch earlier this afternoon with my pals and coworkers Ross and Chemin. We talked about the contest and about the blog a little, and shared some other tidbits from office life and our own lives and vacations. They were both way into Mike's and my blogs, so I guess I'm not imagining it when I say that the word is out there.
After coming back from lunch I've been thinking. And I've been thinking about a project that Ross has been working on for a few months, where he is recreating a magazine through pencil-drawings. I think it is a wrestling magazine, something with a hot picture of a woman on the front and a lot of ads for all-terrain-vehicles on the inside. Anyways, I was thinking about how different that project is from the project that Mike and I are about to do, by which I of course mean encasing. Ross's project involves tons and tons of time and, if he wishes, revision. Whereas Mike's and my plastic encasing kits did not come with erasers, if you know what I mean. The clay that we sculpt with is not like ordinary clay, it cannot be reshaped. Just one shot and then thank you ma'am, it is time for judgment and victory for one of us. It is a crazy match. I wonder if there is anything like it besides a game of dart? I guess it is kind of like photography if once you took a picture of something it was encased in plastic and you could never take a picture of it again, you could only take a picture you had already taken.
It truly is a crazy web we weave.

take care this afternoon,

David

No comments: