Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ultimate sacrifice?

Co-worker (and apparently keep-upper-on Mike's and my plastic-encasing contest blogs) Jay Berry has just come by my work station with a bold and scary proposition. "Clearly," he says, perhaps unaware of the awesome pun he has just made, "the person who will win the contest is the one who encases his own head in plastic!" Stunned (and I'll admit here, afraid), I asked, what if I could encase my opponent's head in plastic? No, he pointed out, that would not be as ironic. I have to agree.
Back in '07, when we went to TAP plastics to buy our encasing kits for the plastic-encasing contest we are now both furiously blogging about, I don't think either of us was consciously aware we were crossing a line that might eventually lead to crossing the ultimate line. And yet here we stand, in the middle of a battleground we willingly enlisted ourselves into walking into through our manly purchases of kits of encasing-in-plastic materials. From the beginning I knew there would only be one winner. Now I just wonder how many survivors there will be? And whether one of the survivors will be the winner?
By the way, thanks for the reader contributions. Let's keep them coming in! Like when Mike Giepert (different Mike, y'all!) suggested that I encase the inventor of the artificial heart's artificial heart so we could watch it work inside his body! Good idea! Anybody know where I can reach him?

No comments: