Sunday, January 6, 2008

What a night!

Well I don't know if you know many bloggers in person, but here's one thing I know about them in general. On a Saturday night, their phone isn't exactly running out of weekend minutes with invitations to raves and other parties. It is like a law of nature. I was going to hang out with my friend Seth, but he felt like he didn't want to leave his house, so oh well. But that meant that I had a whole evening free! I thought about blogging, but I decided to start encasing something in plastic.

I have had this idea for a thing to encase for a little while that I like and have kept a secret from my blog in case Mike has been reading it. So I read the packaging on my plastic-encasing supplies and got a container ready to encase something in, and got started.

Man, the fumes from plastic-encasing materials are powerful out of this world! Uncanny! I guess that's why they say to use them in a place that is well-ventilated! Anyways, when you want to make something look like it is floating in the plastic, you have to first pour a layer of plastic into your mold, let it harden enough to support the thing, and then put the thing in. It said this might take 20-30 minutes. Well, I poured that layer, left the house to return a DVD, had some whiskey, and came back home, and the stuff was not solid. Not at all! Despair encased me instantly, and I wished I had some more whiskey.

I have to go to work now, I'll tell you more about what happened in a bit!

Sit tight!

David

No comments: