Thursday, January 3, 2008

I am going to send troops around to the south of him

There are deep rocky canyons there, and our scouts report thick brambles of thorn-vines and poison-ivy. Doubtless he has the same intelligence regarding the terrain, having grown up in these hills. He is probably setting traps along the ridge road and aiming his snipers' barrels at the meadow north of the river. I'll bet he is hoping to repeat his father's victory of fifteen winters ago on that meadow. The poetic nature of that wish does not escape me, but my appreciation for it and my wanting to see it honored are not the same thing. We will fight through the bushes and valleys to the south, so that by the time the gun-battle happens, it will feel like a cake-walk in the park compared to what we had just endured while sneaking around them through the bushes to the south.

I'm going to take an early lunch, but I'll be back to holler at you pretty soon!

Take care

DAVid

oops caps lock

No comments: